Andrea Fierro – Mantra Boutique
● Where are you from originally and how long have you lived (or worked) in the Houston/Sugar Land area?
I was born and raised in Dallas, Texas….DTOWN BABY! I moved to Houston in March 2018 and I am never leaving! I adore this city so much!
I have an Australian Yorkie/Min Pin Mix, named Max. He’s a rescue!
● One thing about living or working here that has surprised you the most?
Houston is constantly surprising me with how friendly and supportive everyone is! I have grown and matured so much since moving here. I am forever thankful for everyone I have met and became friends with, as well as all of the opportunities that I’ve been blessed with.
● Can you provide me with a description of your business?
Mantra Boutique is inspired by jewelry and home decor that can go with any occasion during any season! My slogan is “Goods for the Home, Goods for the Soul.”
● How long have you been in business?
Funny story….I started my business in November 2016 and had no idea what I was doing, but I was very passionate and inspired! I didn’t start taking things to the next level until 2018!
● What made you decide to be an entrepreneur and open your own business?
Growing up in a house of entrepreneurs….I was constantly surrounded by inspiring people my entire life. I always saw how hard my parents worked and at a young age I figured out the hustle never stops and money never sleeps!
● What do you enjoy the most about running a business?
The part I enjoy most of owning a business is meeting amazing people who support my passion, and showing people that hard work is always worth the outcome! Working from home in my PJs is always a plus too! 😉
● Have you always been entrepreneurial and a risk-taker?
I’ve done my time in Corporate America and although it wasn’t the right path for me, I learned SO much! I learned to always listen to your heart, who cares what anyone else thinks! No one else’s opinions are going to pay my bills! Take that risk hunnie! Follow your dreams!
● What did you used to do before you opened your own business?
I used to work for a marketing company in Dallas where I met and learned from some of the greatest human beings on this earth! Corporate America just wasn’t for me.
● Why is your place of business different from the rest?
I take the time to become friends with my audience and I truly want to know their likes of my brand, dislikes, and any feedback they can give me! Everything my customers tell me I take to heart and make sure that I learn and give them what they want! I don’t just do market research, I want to hear honest opinions from real people!
● Favorite restaurant to eat at in Sugar Land?
No favorites….just anywhere with chips, queso and MARGARITAS!
● How do you unwind after a long week of work?
Margaritas with my senoritas!
● What would be one fun fact that would surprise people about you?
A lot of people think that because I have a boutique that makes me extremely girly. BUT I SURE DO LOVE THE GREAT OUTDOORS! Hikes, camping, kayaking….you name it I’m there!